**Solid Waste COVID-19 Information and Service Alerts**
The Town of Carrboro continues to provide household waste, yard waste, and loose leaf collection services on their normal operating schedule. To view your collection day please see Residential Solid Waste Services Pickup Map.
For bulk item collection such as appliances, furniture, or TVs, please call (919) 918-7425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup.
Please note: To limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect employees, the Town has modified some normal operating procedures. As a result, some services may take longer than normal or be delayed. Town offices are closed to the public; however, Public Works staff is available by phone at (919) 918-7425 or email email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
2020 Street Resurfacing Project
The Town of Carrboro maintains 46.61 miles of streets comprising of 566 street segments or blocks, 41 miles of sidewalks, and 872 curb ramps throughout the community. The 2020 Street Resurfacing Project is intended to keep the streets and curb ramps safe and in good condition for all users, and to make improvements strategically and efficiently to ensure safer and longer-lasting streets and curbs.
Construction will begin the week of May 25th with curb ramp upgrades and utility adjustments. Street resurfacing will begin in July. The project is expected to be completed by September.
For more information, including project map and list of streets, see 2020 Street Resurfacing Project.
Solid Waste Management Division
• Provides waste collection to the single-family, multi-family, and commercial sectors.• Provides bulk item and yard waste collection
• Provides general street maintenance services including:• Street sweeping• Sign installations• Pavement markings• Maintenance of dirt streets, right-of-ways sidewalks, and bike paths.• Responsible for inclement weather street maintenance, e.g. ice and snow removal, hurricane clean-up.
Landscaping / Grounds Division
• Beautifies the town through landscaping and ornamental design/maintenance• Administers loose leaf collection program• Provides park facility and ball field maintenance at the towns parks.
Central Services Division
• Provides building and repair maintenance to the town's structures
• Manages cemetery operations, selling and marking of cemetery lots at the town cemeteries.
Fleet Maintenance Division
• Maintains and repairs all town vehicles and equipment